Do questions on querying belong here?
There were two questions on DBA about using the PIVOT operator in the past 12 hours.
- why does my pivot give me an error?
The second was punted over to SO while the first remains. It seems that questions about querying a database are valid here and based on the FAQ
database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community
I'd expect admin's to be cognizant of the "new" language features and use them to improve their querying skills but maybe that's a bad assumption.
Related meta questions
- Should this question have gotten migrated here?
- Are DB questions going to be migrated from SO?
- Where should I post this question? SO or DBA?
- What kind of questions are allowed on Database Administrators ? (closest to answering with 'addresses Database Queries but indicates "pro" level')