I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows, but thinking of getting into iPhone/iPod touch/iPad development (if only I could afford a MacBook Pro!).
Top network posts
- 627Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 164Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 132What's the most absurd myth about programming issues?
- 127Joining two lists together
- 109Why use try … finally without a catch clause?
- 101How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 99How does the computer know that the PC was not properly shut down?
- View more network posts →